Quick Reference: Type 2 Diabetes
- A dietary disease which is caused by too much insulin, which is released when we eat too much sugar.
- Diabetes doesn’t just affect one organ; it affects every organ in multiple ways. Diabetes causes our body to rot from the inside out.
- Diabetes is the leading cause of blindness, kidney failure, heart disease, stroke, amputations, dementia, infertility, and nerve damage.
How to Reverse Type 2 Diabetes:
- Strength Training
- 80% of insulin receptors are in our muscles.
- 20-30 minutes, 2-3 times a week of strength training can help to decrease blood glucose.
- Eat Real Food
- God made food; food that does not need a label.
- Eat Natural Fats
- Tallow, butter, ghee
- Coconut, avocado, olive oil
- Natural saturated fats in beef, pork, bacon, cream, eggs, fatty fish
- Avoid Fructose
- Table sugar
- High Fructose Corn Syrup
- Sugar Drinks (sodas, sweet tea, sports drinks, alcoholic drinks, enhanced water)
- Whole Fruit (excessively)
- Dried Fruit
- Decrease Refined Carbohydrates
- Processed grains (breads, muffins, waffles, cupcakes, donuts pastas, tortillas, etc.)
- Limit corn products (popcorn, corn chips, corn tortillas)
- Limit refined potato products (French fries, potato chips, white potatoes)
- Intermittent Fasting
- 30-36 hour fasts (consult with your doctor)
(Optimal waist circumference is less than half your height. Example: 5’10” is 70 inches, ideal waist circumference is ≤35 inches.)
Reference: The Diabetes Code by Jason Fung